Saturday 26 September 2015

Future Projects

I have a long list of future projects to build for myself as well as for family and friends. My sister asked me to build a bunk bed for my two nephews so I've been searching for some plans that fit what she would like. Typically, I end up with 2-3 different plans and need to merge them together or make modifications so that they work. She wants the bottom bunk to be a double and the top to be a single. As well, knowing my nephews quite well, I think the ladder should be built in rather than a removable piece. I'm leaning towards this style:


I will need to move the ladder to the end of the bed and modify the bottom to fit a double bed. It's a pretty simple style but I think it looks good. 

I've also been wanting for the last few years to redo a hand me down dining room table I have. It has great bones but the top is wrecked. One of the previous owners put nails in it to attach one of the legs and it is very thing. I am thinking of taking the top right off and replacing it with one of these two styles of table tops:








No comments:

Post a Comment